Monday, August 20, 2007

Only 6 weeks to go!

I can’t believe that there are only six weeks left and maybe even less, if the baby will want to see the world earlier than he is supposed to. We are slowly getting ready for his arrival and it brings us a lot of joy and happiness. I really can’t wait to see our son. I can’t wait to kiss his little cheeks, feet, and hands. I can’t wait for him to look at me and see that it is his mommy holding him.

My doctor told me that I need to slow down on eating things with glucose, including bread or sugar. Our baby right now weighs already 5.29 pounds, whereas at week 34 he is supposed to weigh 4 ¾. I can’t say that I put on so much weight, just 11 pounds, but I think most of it went straight to the baby. Since I would like to have a natural birth and do not want to have any complications during labor, I need to try not to put on weight, which is hard.

I must say that I am tired almost all the time. I just wake up in the morning BOOM... I am already tired. It is hard when I start cleaning the house or washing clothes because I get so worn out that it is unbelievable.

I am trying to enjoy the free time that I have left and trying to finish everything I wanted to, because I know I won’t have any extra time VERY soon. Baby will be with me all the time and plus I am a full time student. My studies will start from 1st October, right when baby arrives. So I would need to somehow combine being a mom and a student. I am sure I will handle all of this, especially when I have such a mom, and of course my dog. I am sure he will be helping us out with the moral support very much. LOL!

It was nice to read in my book that if baby will be born at this time, he will have no problem of surviving outside womb. However, I want him to stay inside me until the due date. I guess we will see how nature will take it’s course. Well, I am going to go and lay down. I am SO tired! Thank you for everyone who reads my blog and leaves comments. It is so great to know that there are people out there who care.

3 comments:

Amel said...

Ah, I can imagine how you feel. Even though I have no kids yet, when my best friend was pregnant, I was also SOOOO excited to see her son he he he...and I still can't believe that now he's almost 2 years old. Him? Coming from HER womb? Still a miracle for me he he he...

Yeah, crossing fingers for you so that everything'll turn out fine for you. ;-D

WOW, you're going to go back straight to school after giving birth? Glad you have your Mom and your darling hubby to help then. ;-D

You're right about resting a lot. Hey, you haven't gained so much for a pregnant woman...but that means you've got everything right as the baby's getting all the nutrients he needs he he he...A friend of mine gained a total of 17 kilos (37 pounds) yet her baby was only around 2.75 kgs (6 pounds). But yeah, better not have too big a baby since you want to have a natural birth. Another friend of mine gave a natural birth to a 3.8 kgs (8.37 pounds) baby girl he he he...

I can't wait to see Sandon's PICS later on!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Kathy said...

It sounds like you are doing really well. I wish you continued health and strength!

Sharma said...

Hi Nikita,

It is nice blog that i have gone through today...

Well congratulation for the coming baby...pls let me know u proper belongs to INDIA ?

Regards,