Sunday, July 29, 2007

Packing For Hospital

So.... I am feeling much better today.

Baby is doing good. I think he sleeps right now. Yesterday when I was getting ready to sleep, he was moving so much and I think I can actually feel what part of the body he kicks me with. I think yesterday I felt foot. It was so sweet. The foot was so small... Two months more and we are having a baby. YAY!!!

Well, I was going through today WalMart online store shopping for baby and guess what I saw? The list of the things you need when you are packing to go to hospital. So I thought I will post it here, so other pregnant mommies-to-be can see whether they packed everything right or not. :)

Essentials For Mom
  • Nursing Bra- supports swollen, sore breasts and keeps breast pads in place.
  • Breast Pads- These stop messy leaks by absorbing milk.
  • Nursing Pillow- Reduces the strain on your arms, neck and back while nursing, especially in bed.
  • Nightgown And Robe- More comfortable than standard hospital gowns.
  • Slippers- For walking around the hospital during early labor.
  • Socks- To keep feet warm and toasty during delivery
  • Going- Home Outfit- Choose something that fit during your sixth month of pregnancy.
  • Toiletries- Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, lip balm, makeup, hairbrush, shampoo and soap.
  • Sanitary Pads- You will be more comfortable after delivery with your favorite brand.
  • Camera- For all those important first photos.
  • Address Book- You will have plenty of calls to make.
Essentials For Your Baby:
  • Infant Car Seat- You can't leave the hospital without one.
  • Going- Home Outfit- A stretchy one-piece sleepers should do the trick.
  • Hat- Prevents heat loss by covering your baby's head.
  • Booties/ Socks- To keep little feet snug and warm.
  • Receiving Blankets- Newborns love to be swaddled.
Nice Extras:
  • Video Camera- To document those precious first moments of your baby's life.
  • Hair Clip or Band- Keeps hair out of the way during delivery.
  • Massage Oils- Especially helpful for relieving back labor.
  • CDs/ CD Player- Soothing music can help to relax before and after delivery.
  • Pillow From Home- It adds a touch of familiar comfort.
  • Magazines- You can expect some down time, but you won't want a novel.
These are pretty good tips. I have got almost everything ready from the list. Awww, it is so exciting!!!

2 comments:

Calista*Was*Here said...

Things getting better, don't they?
Be well!
http://health4allcheck.blogspot.com.

Amel said...

Glad to hear you're getting better, Nika!

THX for writing down the list. I MAY need it one day he he he...