Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Visit to My Friend

Yesterday I visited my friend who delivered a baby girl one and a half months ago. The baby is adorable and so cute. They named her Elizabeth. It was so interesting for me to hear all she had experienced and how the labor affected and how she was feeling through it all. She told me that she was getting ready for the labor from the moment she got to know she was pregnant. She was going to swimming pool, shaping, breathing classes, taking vitamins.

However a few days before the due date, she got sick with pneumonia. That part sucked. Doctor forced her to stay in the hospital and get a treatment with antibiotics. She didn't want to do that, but she had to in order to make sure that this pneumonia will not go to her daughter. Though due to her intake of antibiotics, baby right now has problems with her tummy, and they are taking medicines for that.

On top of that my friend had very fast labor. She delivered a baby in 6 and half hours. Contractions usually start first of all every hour and then more often, but she had them every five minutes. Poor thing didn’t have enough time to recover from each contraction. She said that it is not good when a woman delivers a baby too fast, it is better to be in labor for awhile rather than everything to be fast. Since baby was born too fast she had some swelling of the brain and they have to undergo treatment for this as well

My friend said that it really helped her that her husband was present during her labor. He was massaging her back and supported her so much. When I asked her about pain, she said that it is not true that it hurts so much. She said, yes, it hurts, but the fear makes it worse. Other than that it is all bearable and worth it.

As well as she told me that I need to get a Doppler Sonography of the baby. It actually can be done at the same time as ultrasound. It measures blood flow in different parts of baby’s body, such as umbilical cord, brain, liver and heart. My friend gave me much good advice, though I already forgot half of it. I think I need to write everything down. I want to make sure that when I go into labor I have everything with me. Well, just wanted to share this…

2 comments:

Discussyourproblem said...

its a beautiful blog I ever seen. I wish you very very best for the birth of a healthy and a beautiful baby.

With love,
http://discussyourproblem.blogspot.com

Ratcha said...

You have a very pretty written voices. I can feel enormous love you express for your baby boy and your family. I know you'll be a great mom.

Ratcha.